22 September 2020
IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE THE SYMPOSIUM AND THE SYMPOSIUM PROGRAMMEThank you very much for your great interest in the “Sustaining Inclusive Design – Virtual Symposium” on the 25th and 26th of September. The event will be carried out as a Zoom webinar, and please inform us if you have already pre-registered to the event but have not received the Zoom invitation email (to the email address that you provided us) by the 24th of September (email@example.com). Please also check your Spam folder.
The symposium has received more than 600 pre-registrations, and as the Organising Committee, we did not want to reject any applications within the announced pre-registration period. For this reason please come slightly earlier on the day(s) to the Zoom meeting room, or else there is a possibility for some attendees to not being able to join the webinar due to the number of people exceeding the max capacity. In that case, you will be directed to the Facebook Page of our project, where the presentations will be live-streamed; however, the simultaneous translation will only be provided in Turkish and as subtitles.
On this page we would like to provide you an introduction of the interpretation and captioning functions (which will be available in Turkish and English languages depending on the presentation language) of the Zoom prior to the event. Please watch the video below, which provides step-by-step instructions for these functions.
Joining the Symposium
- Please ensure that you have Zoom downloaded and that you have the "latest version" of it in order to receive the full functionality of the symposium, or else you may not be able to see the "interpretation" function for simultaneous translation.
- Where possible, please try to login shortly in advance of the Symposium as this will give us more time to help you should any problems arise.
Engaging with the automated translation facility
- Click the interpretation option (the lined cycle symbol).
- Select your preferred language.
- Click ‘mute original audio’ to remove the speaker’s audio in order that you only hear your translator’s audio.
Engaging with the sub-title facility
- Click the Closed Caption option.
- Select if you wish to have subtitles displayed or not.
- Please note that the subtitles will be in Turkish only.
We are looking forward to seeing you in the “Sustaining Inclusive Design – Virtual Symposium” on the 25th and 26th of September.